Sunday, June 03, 2012

Daring

Long story short:


These heavy, dark wood and wrought iron Bombay Company tables were sucking the life out of my living room. Oversized and brown, they had to change or go.



They changed.


Despite my usual lack of daring, last night I painted them with a leftover concoction I mixed up some time ago and which was almost gone. I had just enough to paint these two, there is none left for the matching coffee table that currently resides on it's side up against a wall in my Florida room awaiting its future. Ah, but that's a problem for another day.



After I painted these, I thought, "What have I done!?" Yet, as morning came and the day wore on...I fell in love with the cheery color and the lighter feel they give the room. The contrast of the dark brown wrought iron works for me as well.

Now about those pillows...

...they will soon be banished from the room. Stay tuned and let's see what finds its way to the loveseat next. What I'm after is a mix of blue, green and/or aqua with a raspberry red or orange-orange thrown in for excitement, kinda like my hibiscus.

This room is a definite work in progress. All these things take time. Painting those tables was a huge deal for me. I've been agonizing over what to do with them for a very long time.

I figure if you are unhappy with something as it is, what's the worse thing that could happen?  I might have ended up unhappy with these in a new way, but then I could have still pawned them off on someone or tried something else.

I've had worse problems in my life. So in the end, I got a colorful addition to the changing landscape of my living room and I discovered a reward for my daring.

Be daring...at least once in a while in some small measure. See if you don't surprise yourself with the outcome.

I'll be at:

The Sunday Stop @ Joy 2 Journey 
Spotlight Saturday @ Classy Clutter
Say G'Day @ Natasha in Oz
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk
Get Schooled Saturday @ Too Much Time
Show & Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
Fabulous Friday @ Doodles & Stitches











Tickled Pink Party @504 Main
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Fridays Unfolded @ Stuff and Nonsense
REDOUX

Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
Share Your Cup Thursday @ HADCFMO
Made You Look Thursday @ Made in a Day
Open House Party & Giveaway @ No Minimalist Here
Wow Us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style
Cowgirl Up @ Cedar Hill Ranch
Share It @ The Winthrop Chronicles
Tips and Tricks @ Stringtown Home
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Tuesday To Do @ Blackberry Vine
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home
Cure for the Common Monday@ Lines Across
Nifty Thrify Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
Mod Mix Monday @ Mod Vintage Life
Mod Vintage Life

35 comments:

  1. Oh, you painted them one of my favorite colors. Love, love it! You did a great job. Looks like a bit of heavenly blue brought in from the outside. I have used that color with red and green in my kitchen and family room.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new look of your tables! They look great in your living room :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with your tables - the new look is just right! I need to grab my brush and get busy with some projects. You've inspired me!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way they turned out, Looking forward to see whats next in your room. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable and huge difference! Now I'm thinking of painting my end tables...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a huge difference! I love a simple project that works out and makes a huge impact!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Long story short...TOO Late! (CLUE)
    anyway... love the leftover aqua concoction...looks so beachy!
    Much lighter.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES the next time I need to be nudged to DO SOMEHING DARING with something that keeps me awake nights I'm coming to your blog..keep nudging us lady
    ~Jonell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so much better! I am learning to appreciate painted wood and projects like yours sure do inspire me! Saw you at the Blackberry Vine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute now. I like them mucho better.:)
    Also in LOVE with the little chest you did with paint and live flowers and the adorable knobs. Where in the world would one buy faucets like yours?
    I can see i better sign up to follow you...you have some AWESOMENESS going on here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Liz! Those tables turned out great! Much better now!
    Thanks for you sweet comment on my blog.
    About the header image I'd like to say that it's mine but the truth is that I found it on Internet.. But I'm glad you like it!
    Hugs from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG the color for the table is fabulous! Wonderful paint job - it totally lights up the room! Thank you for leaving a sweet comment on my handmade notebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI LIZ!!!!!
    I LIKE YOUR LIVING ROOM WITH THIS TABLE!!!!!!!THE COLOR IS MY FAVORITE!!!!!!
    KISSES MY FRIEND!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfection. It's like the room can finally take a deep breath and just be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you never try, you'll never know...glad you tryed the paint! mixing paint is exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great makeover, I love colors:-)
    Thanks for stopping by, hugs Biljana

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely makeover! You have so many beautiful items in your living room!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Liz, I wanted to pass on the Sunshine Award to you for being so inspiring creative, not to mention sweet :)

    Stop by and pick it up when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Liz! A girl after my own heart... aqua palette!!! love the redo of the tables... even though they were beautiful as they were... I used to love Bombay company myself...they look great with the aqua tops now... will you be daring and spray paint the legs either creamy light beige, cream or white? or will you still with the black?
    I just came back over after finding your comment on my blog, palmbreezeliving.blogspot.com... so sweet. Thank you. I look forward to getting to know you and read your posts! Be blessed!
    CathyB pbprojecthope atyahoodotcom
    myblessingsunlimited.net/operationblessingbrigade
    @projecthope7 twitter

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a beautiful change! What a wonderful difference paint can make:) I love the aqua color you chose for the tabletop, my favorite color and looks so striking with the black wrought iron. Thanks for letting us take a peek and for your sweetest comment on my beachy accents. Have a lovely evening!Hugs,Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for stopping by my little blog and leaving sweet comments about my Adirondack chairs.
    I love the new color for your table, it really gives a pop of color to the room. You are so right, everything takes time when changing a rooms decor. But so worth it in the end, isn't it?
    Going to check out more of your blog, first time visiting here.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi Liz, thanks for visiting me at Petticoat Junktion. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that mixes paints to make our own "custom colors". I love the lighter color. Following you too. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the tables!! They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh yes! Your daring-ness paid off! The refreshed new tables look like they are smiling to me! ;)

    Thanks for your comment on my succulents-- don't you love how small creative efforts often brings great joy?

    All the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Home run on the tables. One of my all time favorite colors. I love the color scheme you are going for. I have a similiar color in my bedroom and have been wanting to add a coral color to the mix. Maybe adding some real coral but it is too pricey for my budget.
    Love the direction in which you are headed. The tables look great with the sun flooding over them.
    I am a new follower.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  26. The tables look great. Just keep telling yourself - "be brave, be very brave". If I find myself distressing too much over something silly like paint, I remind myself that "bad things have happened to me in my life and this IS NOT one of them.."

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh I love the pop of color! Thanks for linking up at my party :)
    http://www.doodlesandstitches.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Visiting from Natasha in Oz - this looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yay you for being brave! It was definitely worth it!!!! So glad that you shared it with us at The "Sunday Stop".
    Hugs,
    Bj

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the new look of the tables and the color is wonderful! Thanks for linking to the Open House party and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the color you chose! Way to go it looks great. I'm a new follower, would love if you followed me back at I Heart Pears

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am glad you turned on the daring. Those tables look positively yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love that color! They look great! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  34. I just featured your table and pinned it to Pinterest! Come by and show us what you have been up too ... the Sunday Stop party has started :)
    Hugs,
    Bj

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by. I hope you'll say hello and let me know your thoughts. I'd love to hear from you! Unfortunately spammers have been at an all time high, so I will no longer be able to accept anonymous comments.