Thursday, September 06, 2012

Glorious Disaster

Their glory may be a bit underwhelming at the moment, and "disaster" may outshine "promise", but that's the nature of this game. I've already cleaned everything up and drug it to the back yard now, so after a short rest of my lower back, the neighbors will be enjoying the sound of my sander at work for a while.

Yes, I have my work cut out for me, as if I didn't already, and I'd be lying if I wasn't a bit concerned about where I was going to put all this stuff. [Yes, girls - my daughters - I know, I know.] But this is what it is. Gotta strike while the garbage pile awaits and the stuff is free. We'll deal with where to put it all later.



The burn and water damage on the top and the scent of stale cigarette smoke came along with this piece. This is the match to the 9 drawer dresser that was standing on its head and which I couldn't get on Monday. Same apartment. They seem to be ditching stuff one piece at a time. I have redone another table top with a similar problem before and I actually like the character it gave the finished result, so we'll see how this comes out and whether or not I can get rid of the cigarette smell.

Best find of the day! 

The guy who put this out with the table and the long piece of wood and a bunch of other stuff I didn't take, also had some little electronic things, like a handheld TV, that were new in the package (from quite a while back), but I just didn't feel like dealing with that. This little lady, however, was another story. 

Well kids, if not for blogging, I might actually get something done on this glorious disaster. So, I hate to show off and run, but if I don't get crackin' and beat the heat and rain, you may never see the final results of any of this stuff.

Plus I may have some "splainin' to do" when Casey wakes up and sees the latest additions to the household. Yes, it's getting a bit crowded in here (although the last two things I redid, she immediately wanted - so maybe she'll cut me some slack). The unfolding of the day will tell that tale.

However, I think I even saw my little hula doll shaking her head at me.

Ah well, I'm shaking my head at  me too.

Mop it Up Mondays @ ISBMTF
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
Sunday Show Off @ Twigg Studios
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage


17 comments:

  1. At least you have plans to get out there and tackle the projects right away. I tend to collect and never get to the repurposing part. Good for you...have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't pass out in the heat! Is that a twin bed? I'm on the hunt for another one- I am taking the two I have to my niece. I need a big truck, too!
    xxx, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Looks like fun stuff to work with! And I totally get the 'gotta get it while you can - deal with where to put it later' mentality! Just wish my hubby did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what you create.Thanks for the sweet comment..yes many have said they like the turq tone the most...if you look around to past posts you will see more in turq tones..I did that chair you like to part of a trio(august) I did a full size dresser in ombre with tones of teal and turq. My latest is the twin bed I finished for my granddaughter. I have done shelves in Provance, picture frames, not until I think do I realize how much I have painted in turq/teal tones...I like even no# so following ....thanks again for kind girls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! You lucky girl! Have fun with all this! Love the round table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dashboard hulu doll should have some bloggable adventures. She's a cutie! I am a new follower, who loves to redo curbside finds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh those items are an envy of mine. stop it. hahahaha. I have to many of those here now, that I need to work on and I haven't done them. ...so I shouldn't be jealous really. have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have some really great items to get your creative juices flowing. Love to see what you come up with. Finally got a chance to check out your interesting blog and I think I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a haul! I love "curb shopping" but don't think I've ever brought home this much great stuff! I'm sure you can do wonders with all of it! I just found your blog through Feathered Nest Friday and am now following so I can see the "afters" and other fun posts! Please feel free to visit me at pinkcherubmoon.blogspot.com! Have a great day! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whaoaa...a what finds! Excellent...now be sure to show us the before and afters that are coming. I interested!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow,you do get some great finds for free. Can't wait to see what you do with that little cupboard. Isn't it exciting. Can't imagine why people go for new stuff. Thanks for stopping by and your good wishes Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! love that little table. I heard putting coffee inside will "eliminate the negative"...cigarette odor.

    I can't wait to see what you do with the long wood...and the round table...and the baby bed...and the bar stools...and the...
    well, you get the point!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! You do have your work cut out for you, but it will all be well worth it. Love all of your trashy finds:-) That end table has great bones and I'm confident you'll turn it into a work of art. I think I need to start hanging out with you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can never resist..have to check in to see what you are doing-I have the ideas but not the energy to follow through-another 'season' of life I suppose but i surely do enjoy being on the sidelines while you are productive and creative..can't wait to see the finished project [S]

    JH

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Liz,
    it really looks like you brought home a whole bunch of great free finds!
    can't wait to see how your creativity will transform them.
    rita

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have gotten me so excited about the things you are finding curbside that I plan to start going to another town that allows stuff on the curb! I love the stools and the hula girl should be your Tiki goddess to aid you in your quest to finish everything!
    We are having beautiful weather the next few days so I have a multitude of painting projects lined up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by. I hope you'll say hello and let me know your thoughts. I'd love to hear from you! Unfortunately spammers have been at an all time high, so I will no longer be able to accept anonymous comments.