Monday, March 25, 2013

Eternal Hope for the Earth-Weary Heart!

Ahh, Easter. 

Resurrection. 

Newness of life. 

Eternal hope for the earth-weary heart.



 He makes all things new, and not just on Easter. 

He gives us a clean slate. A new start. 
Not condemnation, but forgiveness and grace.

For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. John 3:17

My son says this looks like it says "Rosen", with the circular flower vase as an "I". I have the metal "I", but Casey and I thought it was cuter with the vase than with all letters.

His mercies and His hope are new every morning. 
He conquered death so we can share in this NEW LIFE with Him. 

We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. Romans 6:4

He lives in and through us now, His life in ours, 
that same power, that same eternal life at our disposal.


Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. 
Romans 8:1,2

Happy Easter!
He is Risen!

I hope you'll stop in and visit these sweet parties this week:


Ivy and Elephants
Thursday Favorite Things

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special




Furniture Feature Fridays

French Country Cottage

Photobucket
Lavender Garden Cottage




       
 
   













mop it up mondays



20 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! And I love the mantel! Using the vase was an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A thoughtful reminder about the true meaning of Easter - beautifully written. I side with you and Casey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz,
    This is a beautiful post. I love the mantel. Happy Easter my friend.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post! I love your RISEN sign and I like that the I is a vase. And it doesn't look like an O but that sounds so much like a male to think it does! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very original. I like your RISEN sign too. And of course the sentiments are so lovely.
    Leslie (Gwen Moss)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever use of the vase, and our mantels are cousins! Risen is on mine, too - however I do not own a set of AMAZING letters like yours! Great-looking.
    Casey must have inherited the creative gene, too. And your collection of silver shakers looks great with the letters - it's almost a visual metaphor. Jesus-the empty tomb (the hole in the vase), and the people to whom he revealed himself there...
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too love the Risen as you have displayed it...it is gorgeous with the vase! Love this post...:)

    Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Liz,
    Love your post! Blessings to you during this Holy Week and thanks for your recent visit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it!
    When I saw it...and the "vessels" ...My thoughts were like Revi's...the people, us...ME!(the lone vase near the "N")
    That sounds bad...I don't mean, I thought of me. What I mean is...HE THOUGHT OF ME.
    For that my heart is broken..."grace"

    -Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your post Liz. I know thart my Redeemer lives. What comfort this sweet sentence gives. Have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your mantel is beautiful, Liz. I love it just as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful mantel - love the vases!! Hope you have a wonderful Easter ~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your "RISEN" mantel is wonderful!! Great post on the power of the Resurrection.
    Happy Easter,
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  14. He is risen indeed! I like the vase. Thank you for linking up to What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a lovely week!

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  15. love it all, liz--esp. the those sweet flower vases! happy easter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous mantle, and so creative! Thanks for sharing words of praise on this blessed Easter. Enjoy the day.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE that mantle! and the salt/pepper shakers as vases. I keep meaning to buy a bunch of those to do that very thing but it seems like they are always priced too high for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by. I hope you'll say hello and let me know your thoughts. I'd love to hear from you! Unfortunately spammers have been at an all time high, so I will no longer be able to accept anonymous comments.