Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Party Time!

Cue the lights, the color, the excitement... it's a backyard party!



Twice this week, sun showers arrived for early surprise celebrations before I left for work.

A Summer snow storm in South Florida? 
Naaaaahhhh...that's the sun saying "Surprise!" to the morning rain.


Sparkle and glitter came winking their way through a sunny downpour... a gala debut on what was previously threatening to be a dreary Summer day.


Everytime I see the sun brave a downpour or tiptoe through a light rain, I go running to the closest door for an upfront view of the festivities. Such moments are fleeting, so you gotta grab your camera and get outside quickly when it arrives on the other side of the glass - that is, if you are so inclined...

...which I am.

Anybody else suddenly craving a Watermelon Jolly Rancher?

Raindrops caught in the beams of sunshine wow me like a magic show, whether glistening their way through the sky or lingering on soft thirsty flower petals. 


In case you haven't found yourself compelled to fling yourself around corners to reach the drenched morning air where flowers speckled with raindrops and spotlighted with the beams of daybreak await you...well,  no worries.


That's what I'm here for.


This drop fell right after I took the shot.


All lined up for the party games

You probably think I just overdid the affect on these. Nope. I did sharpen and contrast the one below just a bit because I didn't get a very good focus on the bud, but the color is pretty well what it looked like when I took the photograph.



I wasn't quick enough to get my zoom lens attached in order to capture the sun shower around the flowers from the doorway while the rain was still falling, but I enjoyed a close up peek at the blooms and the droplets after it slowed and finally fell to a stop. 

Hope you enjoy them too.



I'll be sharing my backyard beauties at:

Cowgirl Up @ Cedar Hill Ranch
Open Call Tuesday @ Salt Tree
Tuesday's Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Terrific Tuesdays @ Adventures of a DIY Mom
Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping it Simple
Make it Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House
Metamorphosis Monday @ BNOTP
Cure for the Common Monday @ Lines Across
Inspire Me Monday @ Create With Joy
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
The Sunday Stop @ Joy 2 Journey
Mop It Up Monday @ I Should Be Mopping the Floor
Show & Tell Saturday @ Be Different Act Normal
Get Schooled Saturday @ Too Much Time
Saturday Show & Tell @ Cherrios and Lattes
Potpourri Friday @ 2805
Inspiration Friday @ At the Picket Fence
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous
Simple & Sweet Friday @ Rooted in Thyme
Tickled Pink @ 504 Main
One Creative Weekend @ One Creative Mommy
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
Show & Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ FMFPTY
Open House Party @ No Minimalist Here
Live, Laugh, Linky @ Live, Laugh, Rowe
Made You Look @ Made in a Day
Time Travel Thursday @ The Brambleberry Cottage
Share Your Cup Thursday @ Have A Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson
Primp Your Stuff Wednesdays @ PRIMP
Your Whims Wednesday @ My Girlish Whims
Sizzle into Summer @ DIY By Design
Share the Love Wednesday @ Very Merry Vintage Style
Tuesday To Do @ The Blackberry Vine
Wow Us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style





41 comments:

  1. You got some amazing pictures! I love the one with the raindrop falling off the flower - just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz these photos are absolutely beautiful!! What camera do you use?

    Emily @ Design and Nonsense

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love seeing raindrops on the petals of flowers.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are gorgeous close up flower photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos! Your plants are beautiful and look great in the rain! Thanks so much for stopping by my finds post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Liz! Just got your message on my blog, Georgie Emerson. So nice to hear from you. First of all, your photos today are just beautiful! We need rain so badly here, so these dewy flowers just look dreamy!

    Also, I wanted to answer your question about how I found out about the auction. We look at a website called auctionzip.com which lists all the auctions in your area just by entering your zip code! Hope you find a fun country auction one of these days!!

    Polly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pictures. So worth all your trouble to get them. Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. What pretty flowers and pictures!! I wish we had instant focus and picture taking capacity at all times- I was up on the ladder picking chokecherries when I eyed an lovely humming bird and another beautiful yellow bird- no they just don't wait till your get down, go in house.....find camera....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Liz!
    These shots are gorgeous and I feel instantly refreshed looking at them.
    It's been too wet and hot to have anything that beautiful here, so thanks for sharing your beautiful morning with us.
    ~Tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love the moisture drops on the petals..and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My sister is Mary - up above there - and I was going to say the exact thing about loving the moisture drops all in focus on the pics. ain't that interesting?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kisses my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! The colors of some of those flowers are so rich...I love that hot pinkish-almost-neon shaded daisy like flower !
    ( clearly I don't know the name of it : ) Glistening raindrops everywhere....gorgeous pictures

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Liz: Wow--you are a fabuloso photographer--gorgeous! Thank you for sharing them with us, and have a delightful week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are some wonderful photos of your flowers after the rain. I particularly like the picture of the Rain.

    Yael from Home Garden Diggers

    ReplyDelete
  16. OLA LIZ,PODEMOS VER A PERFEIÇÃO DE DEUS ATRAVÉS DA NATUREZA,VOCÊ CONCORDA COMIGO?BEIJOS.VALÉRIA.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, Liz! You are amazing with that camera! How beautifully you captured these pretty blooms! I love rain drops on petals and the picture of the blooming bud is soooo pretty! Nice capture!Thanks for sharing Mother Nature's beauty with us and for your lovely comment. You always leave the sweetest notes and I enjoy your company very much. Have a wonderful evening!Hugs,Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Georgeous pics, Liz! Wow! What kind of camera are you using these days? (Though no camera helps if you don't have the eye)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh! That rain looks so good! And the flowers with the droplets on them! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your photography is gorgeous. Great capture of the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are your flowers, I have such
    envy! Great shots!
    Thank you so much for your visit to
    my blot and for leaving such a sweet
    comment.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Liz girl you know how to bring a smile to my face. I love flowers after a summer rain. They just seem to lift their heads up and smile. We also recieved a couple of short but very welcome rain showers this week. I didn't think to grab my camera, but I ran out to the gardens afterwards to enjoy the beauty. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup love your photos.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful sharp photos and the colors are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How beautiful! So glad you grabbed your camera and got these amazing shots!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  25. just gorgeous! I love flowers and ones that have rain on them ... even more :) So glad that you braved the showers to get those perfect photos. Thank you too for sharing them with The "Sunday Stop" as well.
    Hugs,
    Bj

    ReplyDelete
  26. The photos are so pretty!

    PS: Thank you for linking up to Show Me What You Got Tuesday's @ ODH via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/07/live-show-me-what-you-got-linky-party-24.html

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for sharing your amazing photos on SImple & Sweet Fridays. The rain looks so beautiful!


    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous photos! I love how you captured the falling droplets of water. So beautiful!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your photography!! You have a better macro than I! Lovely! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  30. Seriously, some good photog skills you have! Just beautiful. Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  31. You are featured today at Potpourri Friday at 2805!
    Honey

    ReplyDelete
  32. The pictures are amazingly beautiful! Thank you for sharing this on Saturday Show and Tell! I hope you'll be back again this week.
    -Mackenzie
    http://www.cheeriosandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by. I hope you'll say hello and let me know your thoughts. I'd love to hear from you! Unfortunately spammers have been at an all time high, so I will no longer be able to accept anonymous comments.