Monday, May 20, 2013

Painted Wicker Picnic Basket

This little picnic basket was a garage sale find for 25¢.

The idea was to use it as wrapping/staging for a wedding gift. 


I didn't intend to keep these items inside. They are cute and all, but I had a gift to send and wanted a cute and creative way to wrap it up.

This got the chalk paint treatment. Yes, I see that I hadn't yet completely cleaned the paint off of the leather when I took the picture. I get in a hurry.

But wouldn't ya know, the pretty Anthropologie bowls I bought are way too big to fit inside, forget fitting in any of the other additional small items, which I had planned to do.

I guess it's mine now. I tried it out by my other picnic basket...


...but I like it better on the coffee table.
So it sits for now until such a time as I can use it to wrap up another gift. Now that I think about it, maybe I'll just arrange all the small gifts in it, add a few more items to the mix and send the bowls separately.

Oh good, I think that's settled. Knowing what to do is half the battle.

I'll be at these sweet link parties this week:



mop it up mondays

Thursday Favorite ThingsFunky Junk's Saturday Nite Special




Furniture Feature FridaysFrench Country CottagePhotobucket







 
Adorned From Above  
            
    
   



Ivy and Elephants









21 comments:

  1. How cute! I am such a sucker for a basket! I have so many baskets hanging in my pantry that one day my little niece stepped into the pantry and asked me if that was the "basket room"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! and what a great find at an awesome price :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh Hello!
    Love it paired with the other basket ... and the random branches! You have a keen eye with your photo staging. Something I'm not all together fussy about... just point and shoot baby!
    Also...there is no back story? No cliff hanger? No...gory details of this little picnic basket. I was so surprised to read such a short post from you!
    Still, with no back story... I still hung on to the end and I still loved the outcome!
    You have great story telling skillz...short and long of it!

    :D Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the 5T sign on the basket. Did the 5T have a life before? If so, what was it? Does the 5T have significance to your family? I would love a sign like this that says 4n. Our ranch is 4n Ranch, named because we have 4 kids, and n is the first initial of our last name. Details please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have several of those baskets wich I will now look at with fresh eyes.

    Not many homes can do justice to a giant Pickles sign. You have the right stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the last photo- perfect shot to show off my...I mean YOUR pickle sign!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this basket I too love it paired with the other one!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone seems to have the same questions: Where is the angst in this post? Where is the back story of how you snatched the basket from a child? Why not leave the basket with its cousin in the corner? Have you told us the story of 5T yet? Where did you get the patience to paint wicker with chalk paint?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet and creative way to send a present! It's the gift that keeps on giving! I love it.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chalk painted wicker....oh my! The possibilities are endless. I love the way the basket turned out and what an adorable way to package a gift. I would be thrilled to receive such a gift! I'm sure the recipients will be thrilled!

    Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks so great painted! And what a great price, you bargain maven, you.:)
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had one of those cute little baskets at one time, but I never thought of painting it. Very cute idea to use it for packing a gift and only 25 cents!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for stopping by!! I have to tell you that I have this same wicker basket/suitcase and now I will be painting mine!!!

    Thanks for the inspiration!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome idea to use the basket for gift wrap, but I like it in your home. It looks adorable/funky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not sure Liz, too cute to give away. lol! Really, I'm sure she will love it. Looks so cute painted white. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  16. How is it that you ALWAYS WOW ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love it!!!!! what a find for 25 cents...you rocked the project as ALWAYS! hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great make over! I'm glad I'm not the only one who changes their mind. A lot. ;)

    I'm here from Junkin Joes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness!! I love love this! I can't believe you picked it up for only 25 cents!!! What a score! Love it on your coffee table too! Such a pretty house you have!! :) xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  19. The basket looks so gorgeous now! Amazing what some paint can do to the plainest of finds. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by. I hope you'll say hello and let me know your thoughts. I'd love to hear from you! Unfortunately spammers have been at an all time high, so I will no longer be able to accept anonymous comments.