Sunday, April 21, 2013

Good Medicine

Trouble in Paradise? 
Not exactly. Okay, just a little. I am a tad worn out from a weekend of junk sickness, junk upheaval and junk revival. Nothing a little time on the couch this evening won't cure. I hope.

I thought I was over the junk sickness (which both my friend Lynette and I got earlier this week. We think we got it from that business we picked a week ago where we dug and searched and took loads and loads of stuff out of there. I'm talking about pukey stomach sickness, not the sickness that you get when you have a propensity for too much junk - oh, I have that too...obviously.) but today I was feeling cruddy again. 

Now, I don't like sitting around, so I forced myself to bust it all day to finish painting and waxing a bench that still has to be recovered. (It was a find from the same business where we got a tad junk greedy and then junk sick.)

I scraped paint off the metal Costco stool I got a few weeks ago and one of the little cabinet doors that I found in a trash pile not long ago was remade into a chalkboard today as well. Truly, truly, I promise that I really did buy and try to figure out how to put fabric onto the console panels in such a way as to be able to remove them at a later date if needed, but what a pain. Nothing's easy. I'm working on it.

I actually had to break out the emergency kit my daughter Cally was so sweet to send me so I could use one of the items inside. It really was a mini emergency because I didn't want to drive to the store just to buy something to see if it would work. The kit had just what I needed so I could see whether or not I could use said item in a pinch. I think I can.

More on the console redo another day. That project has stalled because I couldn't bring myself to go to the store. It saps my strength to think about it anyway. [back of hand to forehead as I fall back on my pillow in exhaustion] 

Trial and error is so taxing -  and it WAS very trying.

Since I was a good girl and did so much work around here all weekend, I'm now going to lounge back with my feet up and prepare to have a bowl of vanilla ice cream with some homemade hot fudge that my son cooked up last night. I know, you're thinking, "What?!" Does she ever stop eating ice cream and hot fudge?! [Oink, oink] Well, hello, this is for medicinal purposes, obviously! Yes, yes, you can have some hot fudge too if you like (See HERE - you'll just have to make your own - I don't want to get you sick. Good excuse, right?) and we can all put on the pounds together. Misery loves company. Then I think I'll watch some more episodes of Psych that I have on DVD from the library. 

Laughter is good medicine too.

Here's what I'm seeing now as I recline against my cushy pillow. I'm not showing you the console to the right because there is some fabric hanging off haphazardly that got stuck when I tried hot glue. You'll just have to wait.

I did a bit of rearranging to fit the console in so that it looked like it sort of belongs and decided to change up all the little stuff in the room as well.

 
Candlelight goes well with ice cream and hot fudge. The flickering light is soothing to my vexed mind and aching back.


The flowers add a spark of happy to the room.

 I even took down the big black letters that were up at Easter that said "RISEN", and added some color to the mantel.


The pretty lantern purchased some months ago for a song, along with the adorable tray that my friend gave me for my birthday have joined the little silver soldiers. Okay, they are salt and peppers, but sometimes they remind me of little soldiers standing guard. They never leave their post. So faithful.

These colors make me smile, and the light shimmers off the glass creating even more sparkling hues.

Can you believe I got this lantern for $1.50? I marvel at that all the time, and the bargain of it makes me smile yet again.

Speaking of smiling, time to see what Shawn and Gus are up to.

With all this good medicine, I'll be feeling better in no time. In fact, I think I already do.
~~~

Hope you'll stop by and check out some of these parties this week:


 mop it up mondays



Thursday Favorite ThingsFunky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

Furniture Feature FridaysFrench Country CottagePhotobucketLavender Garden Cottage



 
Adorned From Above 
   
   



Ivy and Elephants

20 comments:

  1. I love your $1.50 lantern and the silver shakers too. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Liz....what a bummer to be sick with that crud! It has been going around at school and I have been praying that I can keep avoiding it! Glad to hear you are feeling a little better! I hope you are able to figure the console dilemma out and share soon! I love what you did with your living room....it is so serene! I love the colors you used in there...:)Have a fabulous week...:)

    Blessings Sweet Friend!
    Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that you've been sick! But, sounds like you are being super productive! Life to the full! Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Junk Sickness sounds pretty bad. You sound like me though. When I am sick I try to get at least something done.

    When you showed what you were looking at, my eye went right to the 5T. I love anything with numbers. What is it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute shakers! would starch work on the console? you can peel it off later. i did that once on my walls:) take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Liz,
    I love those cute little salt and pepper shakers too!!!!! They have such cute character. Hope you have a great week.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never heard of hot fudge and ice cream for a cure for junk sickness. It is no telling what you and Lynn picked up. Love the mantel with the turquoise and pops of orange. I agree with Lynn above - try starch to add the fabric to the console. This is a new week - go forth and hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pretty view from your cushy pillow:-) I think ice cream and hot fudge sounds like the perfect medicine to cure what ails you. Hope you're feeling 100% soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so sorry to hear you've been puny girl.
    Don't you just hate that...you're not sick enough to be sent to bed, but just sick enough to be able to get up a 'do something'?!
    Glad to hear you're able to mend yourself at home.
    ...and get a little bit done too.
    I love how your living room is looking with all the arranging. I'm needed to do some of that myself with the seasonal change...haven't gotten around to it yet.
    I bet the console is looking good by the time you get it done...
    blessings,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. AND you're a Psych fan! And you love hot fudge! We must be kindred spirits! I'm sorry you're sick.:/ thanks again for your kind words on my blog, I still can't figure out how to change my "no reply" status...:( Do you mind if I "pin" from your posts?
    Danielle @ Antique Recreation

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are feeling good as new really soon - like by now already!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your mantle and coffee table are looking great! Hope you are feeling better soon though!
    Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hot Fudge Sauce for MEDICINAL PURPOSES... hee hee hee. Love that one. Hope you are feeling much better my dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ugh! Sickness stinks. I had some food poisoning a couple of weeks ago (not from my cooking...from a baby shower), and I never want to do that again! Hope you get back on your feet quickly! I read yesterday's post too and I can relate. I'm trying to plow through my collected junk too. And I completely agree with that entire post!

    Can't wait to see what you've done. For now though, rest and build that energy back up. Ice cream + hot fudge = energy in my book!

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that lantern! Sorry you have been sick. Wonder which piece of furniture it was that germed you out?

      Delete
  15. So sorry you got the stomach bug...ugh! Hope that magic fudge sauce worked its wonders! Maybe you'd better put your silver soldiers to guard the sauce.
    Or the pickle sign. Whichever you love more, Liz. Choose! Choose!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rest, relax, and enjoy your 'medicine'! (Have some extra hot fudge for me! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rest and regroup. The view from your sofa is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Liz, it all looks so pretty. Great deal on that sweet lantern! Sorry to hear that you were feeling yuk. Stomach flu has been running through my youngest sons home. First the baby, then 3 year old Jack and now mama. No fun for sure! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  19. I sooooo love this! It looks awesome! thanks for sharing with us... : ) hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by. I hope you'll say hello and let me know your thoughts. I'd love to hear from you! Unfortunately spammers have been at an all time high, so I will no longer be able to accept anonymous comments.