Wednesday, June 12, 2013

18 Hanging Planter Ideas

I don't know about you, but I love to talk about home. There's always something happening there. Home is a place of laughter, drama, form, function and rest. It's the backdrop to the story of our lives, the roof over our head, the family hub, the cafĂ© that never closes, a respite of comfort and protection, a creative outlet and the place we kick back in our PJ's, put our feet on the coffee table and live the life.

A place like that is worth talking about. It also deserves a little something special now and then, a few touches to accent its finer points.

Recently I created a hanging house number planter for my front door and made a similar planter for my sister. After I posted about it at Hometalk.com, I was asked to curate a clipboard of other hanging planter projects from their site and share them. What a great idea! After all, hanging planters can infuse fun, color and the joy of most any season into a home with a little imagination, creativity and a few plants and flowers. From the front door to the back yard, there are plenty of places to incorporate blooms and greenery into your home and garden decor.

Check out my clipboard of Hometalk hanging planter ideas above. Clicking the image will take you to my clipboard that showcases those posts with the information on the projects pictured!

Hometalk.com is a great place for project information. You can ask questions, get answers and find inspiration and creative ideas for your home.

Home Sweet Home


Our relationship with our homes is a work in progress, and yes, they can be a bit high maintenance from time to time. When the give-and-take is working, all seems right with the world and everyone smiles at the result. When we're out of sorts with our homes, well, believe me, even the neighbors can tell.

Okay, I admit, home can be a bit needy. It's always demanding that we stroke it and love it and open our wallets to it. However, give it some attention - a little spit and polish - and it shines to beat the band. (Well, you may want to strike the spit and just use water.)

Sure, I admit sometimes my own relationship with home is a love/hate thing. After all, no relationship is without trials, and they all require sacrifice. But when all is well, we can pull up in the driveway, and with a smile on our face and a skip in our step, head in, kick back and enjoy the place we love more than any other.

As we enter the front door, we may also be smiling at those flowers hanging there to greet us.



After all, flowers are always a good idea and displaying them in creative planters is just plain fun and gives the neighbors something to smile about too. If you don't have any hanging planters, why not? I've gathered a slew of ideas for you from Hometalk.

You may also want to stop over and visit Carlene at Organized Clutter and check out her amazing framed pots. That's a hanging planter project that will definitely put a smile on your face!

I hope you'll stop too and visit at these link parties:



mop it up mondays

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

Furniture Feature FridaysFrench Country Cottage
Photobucket

 

 

         


Ivy and Elephants



15 comments:

  1. What a beautiful compilation of planter projects! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous ideas! I believe that just about anything can be used as a planter. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post with many fantastic ideas. Thanks for the inspiration. I'll be saving this for our new home.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very sweet to add the link to my framed plants, Liz. Thanks! You picked a nice variety of hanging planters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These hanging planters are wonderful Liz!!

    xo, Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of hanging planters - especially on a beautiful porch! I wish I had one!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love porches, and I love hanging planters. This is such eye candy for me. The metal wash tub on a tree is one I haven't seen before. Too bad my yard doesn't have a big tree! Take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute ideas.

    I signed up for Hometalk, but I haven't had time to really get into it. I guess I need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am starting to get more involved with Hometalk as well! Love these ideas! Life to the full! Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some great ideas! Love the pallet shelf with pots!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are great, liz! i'm still trying to find my way around hometalk--thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous hanging planter ideas! My favorites are the tire and pallet, so very cool! Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your HOMETALK board Liz...I used one of the pictures myself for my GALVANIZED board....following you now! Christine from Little Brags

    ReplyDelete
  14. Most prostate cancers are adenocarcinomas, cancers that arise in glandular cells of the prostate’s epithelial tissue. Prostate cancers usually progress slowly and produce no symptoms in the initial stages. Eventually, the tumor may enlarge like mine use too, the prostate gland, pressing on the urethra and causing painful or frequent urination and blood in the urine. So I was so uncomfortable with this prostate cancer diseases then I decided to do online search on how to cure cancer because I well have read a lot about herbal medicine, I came across a lot of testimony how Dr Itua cure HIV/herpes then Cancer was listed below the comment.with courage I contacted Dr Itua and he sent me his herbal medicine through Courier service then I was asked to pick it up at my post office which i quickly did. I contacted Dr Itua that i have received my herbal medicine so he instructs me on how to drink it for three weeks and that is how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine cure my prostate Cancer, The treatment takes three weeks and I was cured completely. Dr Itua is a god sent and I thank him every day of my life. Contact him now On:Email:drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ Whatsapp:+2348149277967.
    He listed to that he can as well cure the following diseases below.... Cerebral Amides. Lung Cancer, Alzheimer's disease,Autism,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria Adrenocortical carcinoma. Alma, Uterine Cancer, Breast Cancer, Allergic diseases. Kidney cancer, Love Spell, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Generalized dermatitis,Alzheimer's disease,Brain Tumor,Lupus,
    Dementia.Colo rectal cancer, Lottery Spell, Bladder Cancer, Skin Cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic Cancer, HIV /Aids,Brain Tumor, Herpes, Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Inflammatory bowel disease, Copd, Diabetes, Hepatitis

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by. I hope you'll say hello and let me know your thoughts. I'd love to hear from you! Unfortunately spammers have been at an all time high, so I will no longer be able to accept anonymous comments.