Monday, June 10, 2013

From the Jaws of Pestilence and Death

Snatched from the jaws of pestilence and death

Minor surgery performed at the Quirky Vistas high tech surgery center 

Swathed in a soothing balm of comfy color

 Enhanced for a new life that harkens back to a sweet day past.

Yes, Donna, there is finally graphite paper in the house! 

After much deliberation, an image was chosen, a graphic from Karen at The Graphics Fairy. Using blockposter.com, it was enlarged so as to fit the table top.

 Now, this piece o' junk is about to be released from its stay in the Quirky Vistas infirmary for woebegone relics.

 First, however, the proper chairs must be procured to accompany it. We can't have it leaving our facilities to live a solitary life. The chair pictured is a roadside find from times past that is staying with me, shown here only for display purposes. The hope is to find two more of a similar style that can be painted in a fashion complimentary to the table. 

While out at yard sales on Saturday my eyes were peeled for suitable accompaniment.

It so happens this chap was waiting for me face down in a mud puddle, soggy and sad. He was tossed onto the backseat of my car, mud and all. I'd hoped to find two all wood chairs with no fabric seats to recover. Hmm... we'll see if this guy can make the cut as a compliment to the grocer table or not. It all depends on what else is out there on the streets as I head to work this morning.

Stay tuned!

In the meantime, stop over and visit these sweet link parties!

mop it up mondays

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

Furniture Feature FridaysFrench Country Cottage
Photobucket



 

 
         


Ivy and Elephants










19 comments:

  1. Great restore, revamp, renew.
    Your surgical center rocks, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Liz you did a beautiful job on this one!!! Love it. Well Dr. Furniture Surgeon you did a great face lift on this one. That table almost looks like it is smiling from your redo of it. Great job.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love the job you did on this beautiful table!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Newest follower, love this table!! Thanks for stopping by my page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're getting really good with the lettering, girl!
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must procure this magical graphite paper.

    Very awesome save. I trust no blood was spilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this transformation. Thanks for showing how you traced the writing. If you get a chance, please link this up to my linky party: http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/2013/06/sunday-linky-party-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. In spite of the end of the world title, I have pinned the awesome table. I hope the table appreciates being saved from those jaws.

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad that while the table was in recovery it received some potted plants. Did the graphite paper magically appear to help you on the great graphic? Wasn't it easier to do? I might have to use the grocer for another project. Hope the little muddy fellow makes the cut and gets to sit at the grown-up table.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am really loving the yellow paint...however, you did a fantastic job on the table top too!
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous transformation Liz! I love the image you used and that yellow paint is so sweet. I really have to try blockposter.com sometime. Your table top looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful transformation, love the graphic. Dee from My Painted Stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wait a minute! You painted the text and graphics? Or did you use a marker? I would love to know more about your technique. You must have a magic painting fairy! Wow!
    Cindy @ sunsetcoasting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely charming now. I didn't know about that poster website, I will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by. I hope you'll say hello and let me know your thoughts. I'd love to hear from you! Unfortunately spammers have been at an all time high, so I will no longer be able to accept anonymous comments.