Sunday, November 25, 2012

Living the Life

It's been paradise here.

We've certainly been living the Florida life this Thanksgiving weekend.
Storybook weather - sunshine, blue skies and cool temps carried on a breeze
Colorful flowers blooming
Great food in abundance
Treasured family and friends to share Thanksgiving with
Time to enjoy the moments
A Christmas tree hunt and purchase

Boy did the trees smell good in that Christmas tree tent!

And off we went. The Christmas season has officially begun.

 I did a little decorating yesterday in anticipation of Christmas.

This nativity scene was made for me by a friend many years ago. It is a copy of an old set they had in their family. These were plain wood when I got them. I used the fading, worn colors on their original set as a sort of guide to paint mine and then repainted theirs as well. This is one of our favorite family Christmas treasures.

Four reindeer lined up to keep watch over the Christmas preparations.

One lone reindeer stayed up late. Maybe he was mesmerized by the lights. I know I am.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. God has been very good to us and we are grateful for his eternal gifts that will outlast even all the joy he has shown us in the here and now. I hope this Christmas season you are able to experience the joy, the peace and the salvation that comes through the amazing and lasting gift of his son, Jesus. He came that we might have life, have it abundantly and enjoy it for eternity.

I wish you the kind of Christmas season that revels in that abundance.

Let the celebration of the birth of his son begin!

I'll be sharing this post at:

Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch to Yours
What's It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants
Inspiration Friday @ At The Picket Fence
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Knick of Time Tuesday @ Knick of Time
Cowgirl Up @ Cedar Hill Ranch
Mop it Up Monday @ I Should Be Mopping the Floor

19 comments:

  1. The little Nativity set is so cute. Love your picking the Christmas tree photos. I had a great Thanksgiving too out of town with family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post with fun pictures! Love those silver reindeer, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my sweet friend Liz!
    All are beautiful because of you! Your inspiration makes everything perfect!!!!!!!!
    Kisses, have a nice week!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute Nativity. I love it.
    I have a child's nativity that we use for the Littles. That they can touch and enjoy. Then I have a larger one that is off limits...only looking.
    Many Blessings to you this holiday season. I've enjoyed getting to know you this year my wordy friend!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post and pictures. Love your sweet nativity set and I can smell the fresh trees from here:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable Nativity! Hope your holidays are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the nativity scene. Too cute! The four reindeer are adorable too! Thanks for sharing! Have a great week.
    Leslie
    House on the Way

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful narrative on the purpose of this season. The reindeer look great in the lights of the decorations, but it is the little nativity scene that I love the best. I started pulling out creches and Madonnas today. No trees yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I am so excited to get my Christmas decor going!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, warm temps and a real tree! Love the reindeers and the twinkling lights in the background. Beautifully shot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Liz! hi! It has been a long time since I have come across your posts. Nice to see you again. Your smile is very nice and make me feel welcomed here. I'll try to come back more often, k?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos! Looks like you had a great time picking out the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful post Liz... I was thinking of you over the weekend and imagining a busy household with lots of fun. Love the decorations and the last photo with the lights is gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just love that nativity set!!!
    Great post - hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful decor and seasonal post! That nativity set is a real treasure : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your nativity! The Christmas decorating process pictures were fun too. Your thoughts and sentiments are worded beautifully. I am your newest GFC follower. I look forward to keeping up with your adventures and hearing all that the Lord is doing in your life. Thanks so much for stopping by yesterday and leaving me a super sweet comment about the burlap bird ornaments. I hope you'll visit http://posedperfection.blogspot.com again and maybe even follow along on my journey. Have a blessed week!
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  17. ahhh Liz I am loving this post..stopped by earlier and kept 'running'..gotta tell you my DIL and I FOUND HOMEWOOD this past Thurs when Ted had to go back to Bham../hours and hours for infusion so our son stayed and we girls went exploring..hv wanted to do that since readin your 'Homewood post' some time ago. OMY we would have to spend the night and do a two day event to cover all the possibilities adequately..wonderful shops...even if you can't do a lot of spending it'a such a treat..FUN TIME..thanks for pointing me in that direction. and Yes we have had heavenly weather in south Alabama too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Don't the out-of-focus Lights on the Tree look even more Magical blurred and at a distance!?! There are so many Photography tips I'm Hoping to Learn after being Inspired by Images Captured through the eyes of the lens here in the Land of Blog!

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  19. So very beautiful! Thanx for sharing at THT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by. I hope you'll say hello and let me know your thoughts. I'd love to hear from you! Unfortunately spammers have been at an all time high, so I will no longer be able to accept anonymous comments.