Friday, April 13, 2007

Now, Back to Parris Island

I know... I'm not in chronological order - again! Agh! But I thought it was time to get some of Cael's USMC graduation shots up for you. I have been stuck because all of my photos are in the other computer and it has no internet right now. So tonight I worked on transferring pics from webshots to photobucket. Blech! Big pain. For now, here is a sampling of the sights (also not in chronological order... help... what's happening to me?) from Parris Island Recruit Depot.

Cael, the United States Marine Corps bootcamp graduate and Casey

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Cael marching with his platoon at bootcamp graduation practice

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I think the guy's faces on this one look like a Norman Rockwell painting. This is how they ended the EGA (Eagle, Globe & Anchor) ceremony.... singing the Marine Hymn. It was incredible! (Cael is in the back row, near the center of the photo.)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Guideon passes with the platoon flag: 1st Battalion, Delta Co., Plt. 1009 - Again, back row just about center.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My favorite shot. A graduation moment... most handsome Marine on the parade deck!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This Marine has become one of the newest members to earn a spot in the RIP (Recon Indoc Platoon) after passing a gruelling swimming and physical endurance test. He was one of only 4 out of 50 to make it. It is his goal to be a Recon Marine! Congrats to Cael on making it through bootcamp and now this first hurdle toward Recon!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, sharp photos, Liz. thanks so much for going thru the agonies of uploading and transferring to put them there for us. What's new from Cael?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not much new from Cael... yesterday when I spoke to him he had gotten a replacement for his new digital camera, promises to send photos when he can use his friend's computer (yeah, uh, huh...) and has been spending his days in the field learning military things you would probably rather not hear about involving grenade launchers and other such things and sleeping outside on the ground rain or moon (shine) (not moonshine... at least I don't think they allow them to make moonshine there... but then, heaven only knows...) Other than that, this was not his most communicative weekend. Maybe next weekend he'll be more chatty. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by. I hope you'll say hello and let me know your thoughts. I'd love to hear from you! Unfortunately spammers have been at an all time high, so I will no longer be able to accept anonymous comments.